Monday 10 December 2012

The present of time

My health & fitness are of primary importance to me and the benefits of my personal discipline to both reach into the corners of every aspect of my life; helping me to stay well during stressful times & enabling me to pick myself up when people or events have pulled the rug from under me.  The last few years, spent mostly studying, have been extremely testing and I truly don’t believe I could have sustained the mental strength it required without optimum nutrition and the freedom to breathe that running gave to me.  I can’t take all the credit though, it’s been my mum that was always at the end of the phone when the going got tough; often I don’t think she fully understood everything I talked about; research papers, deadlines, grades etc., but she gave me her time and she allowed me to talk and in talking I could hear myself and in so doing I found solutions and answers that always lay within but just needed a voice.   Now that is behind me and my weekends are not spent tied to a desk, I’ve devoted the last two Sundays making plans and preparing for Christmas with her; she isn’t physically able to do what she once could and so now I use the vitality and energy that my lifestyle rewards me with to do what I can to make this a special time.  There are many things that I would like to do for my mum – buy her a bungalow, take her on a guided tour of Rome and the Sistine Chapel and maybe one day I will be able to, but for now I give her my time, which I believe is one of the greatest gifts, particularly at this time of year, that we can give to another soul.

Time has a wonderful way to show us what really matters
Margaret Peters
Cathy x

No comments:

Post a Comment