Wednesday 14 November 2012

Keeping it Simple!

I’ve been deliberating over starting a blog to run alongside the website for some time now – but that’s all I’ve done – thought about it and turned it into something more complicated and difficult than it actually is!  A recent conversation with a good friend convinced me otherwise and so, here I am, with the objective of sharing with you my passion for nutrition, exercise and self-development. 

I purchased a book by Gabriel Cousens, entitled “Spiritual Nutrition”, almost ten years ago now for two reasons; the first, obviously because the title contained the word nutrition and the second because I thought he had such a fabulous name – not the best reasons for buying a book, I know, but I just felt compelled to buy it and for all this time, it has lain on the shelf and received little, if no, attention.  So, as I deliberated over the blog, this very same book came to mind and I plucked it greedily off the shelf for inspiration and from the page in-front of me, I read “the word nutrition is discussed in terms of its material, emotional, energetic and spiritual qualities”.  That sentence literally stopped me in my tracks and I thought some more; I thought about how I wish I’d composed it, because for me it encompasses everything that nutrition is; the material represents the basics, the truth, the facts and the science, elements that are often sadly missing from the morass of mixed media messages; the emotional  element is one that perhaps far too many are very aware of, emotional eating, disordered eating, eating for comfort, to commiserate and demonstrate and the energy from the foods that we eat, from a diet rich & abundant in foods bursting with nutrients is quite literally unbounded.  Finally, you may be wondering, what does spirituality have to do with nutrition?  One of my favourite authors, Dr Wayne Dyer, suggests in his book “The Power of Intention” that the words “in spirit” are synonymous with the word “inspire” and therefore it is my intention to inspire you to achieve optimum health & well-being through “The Power of Nutrition”; without making it more complicated and difficult than it needs to be!

Rowan time to blog!

1 comment:

  1. Woman after my own heart - love your ethos and can't wait to read more. Love Vivi.xx

    ReplyDelete