Wednesday 21 November 2012

Untrodden Paths

Last night I promised myself that I would get up early and run this morning and as maintaining this blog is encouraging me to be a more pro-active person, I felt compelled to stick to my guns and ventured out into the early morning rain.  Not having decided beforehand which direction to take, without thought I took a right turn and headed out off-road on a route which usually forms the return journey of a well-trodden, familiar circuit.  I’ve run this route more times than I can remember, but going in the opposite direction really threw me and it felt very unfamiliar; I’d never realised or appreciated that my usual homeward run this way was slightly downhill, but in the reverse direction, quickly realised it was quite the opposite!  This prompted me to think about how, when we begin to make lifestyle changes, whether diet or exercise related, initially the changes can seem so daunting, quite literally an uphill struggle, that we feel we just want to turn around and go back to what’s comfortable and familiar.   

New paths are often clouded with doubt, but persistence pays off!

Deciding to make any kind of positive lifestyle change is the first step toward personal transformation; sticking to a new path is undoubtedly a challenge, requiring patience and persistence, but if we didn’t have challenges then we wouldn’t strive to achieve our full potential and we do know, that once trodden a few times, we very soon become well acquainted with the once unfamiliar path and prepare ourselves, once again, to progress to new, exciting and yet more challenging levels of life.

If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere
Frank A. Clark

Nourish Yourself
Cathy x

No comments:

Post a Comment